Friday, November 13, 2009

Rory turns 1!

Wednesday came all too fast. Rory is now one! I can hardly believe how fast this past year has gone. My baby is growing up way too fast, both girls are! We are so proud of our little Rory and feel so blessed to be able to celebrate her with so many of our friends and family. I won't lie... I actually cried when I put her down in her bed the night before her birthday because my baby is not really a baby anymore. She is becoming a little girl.... that really hit me Tuesday night and I just stayed in her room as bit and watched her sleep. So cute and so calm.. I love that feeling !

Rory had a really wonderful birthday. It was busy, but so much fun. We started off the day by opening some presents just after breakfast while still in our jammies. Since Joe had to be at work early that morning we only opened a few presents, but none from Mommy, Daddy or Jolee. Then it was off to playgroup to play with our friends and eat some cupcakes (that I spent way too much time on , but they turned out cute!)
Then we napped and got ready for a big crowd of family and extended family to come over for dinner and cupcakes. Rory did us proud by demolishing her cupcake and loving every second of it! Jolee had let us down a little in that aspect.. she hates getting her hands dirty so much that she refused to touch her birthday cakes. Rory is her own person though and loved making a mess and even rubbing it in her hair!

We ended the night by opening some gifts and plying until bedtime. Thank you so much for all the well wishes that were sent to Rory. We appreciate it and we are looking forward to her Yo Gabba Gabba party on Sunday! tons more pictures to follow!


presents at breakfast!

she is pretty good at unwrapping already

Jolee and Rory playing nice
ready to demolish her Monkey cupcake at playgroup







after a nap and a costume change
opening some Gabba Gabba toys from mommy and daddy
really excited
Ready for cupcake #2
this is yummy
I think I can get my whole hand in this thing
mmm... cake
I need a bath mommy!
cleaned up and loving her new anywhere chair
getting sleepy
Birthday girl before bedtime with Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment