Last weekend Rory and I were lucky enough to go and visit my beautiful Sister Johanna and Brother-in-law Tyler in SLC ,Utah. Each time I fly west ( almost always to visit my sister), I forget how much I love the mountains. It has been hot in SLC, so we spent one of my days up in the mountains cooling off a bit and going on a mild hike. A mild hike was a necessity since as you will see below that Johanna is 9 months pregnant. She hiked as if it was nothing not even breathing hard. I am sure she is in better shape pregnant than I am normally!
Rory loved being outside and was so content to just look around and sing to herself the whole time we hiked. We got to see a pretty waterfall and I put Rory's feet in the ice cold water. She didn't really like that though . The waterfall was called Donut falls because the water flows through a "donut hole" formation of the rocks. I am forgetting the name of the mountains it's in..... but I am not going to just make up a name like some other people we know ;)
While in Utah, Rory decided that she would start walking. She went from not even taking a step to taking 4-5 at a time in a matter of 3 days. I can't believe that I actually got a picture of her taking those first group of 4 steps ! She was incredible and has only gotten better since we got home. She is now walking about 6 steps at a time and I am sure that she will be running behind Jolee in no time at all.
We had such a nice visit, but it went too fast. I wish that I could spend more time with my big sister. No matter how old we get , I still feel like a little kid in awe of my big sis and how great she is. She and my brother-in-law are going to be amazing parents very soon.
While Rory and I were away Joe and Jolee stayed home to play. Jolee is becoming quite the handful recently. That half birthday is coming soon so her brain is changing it's patterns or something! Her tantrums have become almost unbearable and her mouth is too smart for her own good. After coming home she actually told me that I should go back since she had more fun with Daddy and Gam. How is it that my 3 year old knows how to hurt my feelings. It made me laugh but I know I am going to need to have thick skin to keep up with her!
While Rory and I were away Joe and Jolee stayed home to play. Jolee is becoming quite the handful recently. That half birthday is coming soon so her brain is changing it's patterns or something! Her tantrums have become almost unbearable and her mouth is too smart for her own good. After coming home she actually told me that I should go back since she had more fun with Daddy and Gam. How is it that my 3 year old knows how to hurt my feelings. It made me laugh but I know I am going to need to have thick skin to keep up with her!
Enjoy all the beautiful pictures of SLC and surrounding areas :)
at the start of our hike
Letting go and taking those first 4 grouped steps
Johanna, Rory and I
No comments:
Post a Comment