Saturday afternoon we met with the Easter bunny himself. The girls were both really good as you can see in the pictures. The rest of you parents out there know how hard it is to get 2 smiling kids looking at the camera, especially when there is a costumed character involved! I was amazed. Our date with Mr. Bunny also included a movie, craft and snack . We had a lot of fun.
After that it was off to our egg hunt with our best friends. 2 kids and 50 eggs in a backyard was a ton of fun. They actually found them pretty quick and had alot of fun. They had even more fun eating all the goodies inside the eggs once we got done.
Rory did remarkably well considering she was also cutting her second tooth. That's right Rory now has 2 teeth. Isn't that crazy. She just won't slow down!
Once the kids activities were done, Joe and I had a fabulous date night which included, pizza, beer and football. Who could ask for anything more! :)
Sunday started with an amazed scream by Jolee saying " The Easter bunny came!" . 7 o clock on the dot we were up and looking through baskets.... It was a bit early but good. After playing with all the new toys and having one too many discussions on why we don't eat chocolate for breakfast it was off to a lovely lunch with Gam, Nonno and Uncle Jona.
The rest of today was spent relaxing and playing with all the new toys. I am now exhausted and heading to bed. I hope that you all had as wonderful a weekend as we did. I had such a great weekend that it reminds me how blessed I am to have such a great husband, family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment